This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
New Poll: NV spike in holiday season claims
Published on Thu, Dec 8, 2016 (11:04 a.m.)Nevada-specific holiday home hazards data
A new Allstate poll released just in time for the holiday season reveals Americans are often so wrapped up in decorating, cooking and making other holiday preparations that they forget to take important precautions.
In Nevada, burst pipes from freezing claims increases by 734 percent during the holiday season. The three most common claims that have the largest spikes during the holiday season include:
1. Burst pipes from freezing claims increase by 734 percent.
2. Fire caused by electrical appliance claims increase by 131 percent.
3. Unoccupied dwelling increase by 112 percent.
- Police release new picture of car sought in shooting of children
- Americans, Canadians are warned: Don’t eat romaine lettuce
- Thanksgiving Dining Guide: Our rundown of Vegas holiday offerings
- Car identified in retaliatory broad-daylight shooting
- Runnin’ Rebels win third straight with blowout of Pacific