This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
New Poll: NV spike in holiday season claims
Published on Thu, Dec 8, 2016 (11:04 a.m.)Nevada-specific holiday home hazards data
A new Allstate poll released just in time for the holiday season reveals Americans are often so wrapped up in decorating, cooking and making other holiday preparations that they forget to take important precautions.
In Nevada, burst pipes from freezing claims increases by 734 percent during the holiday season. The three most common claims that have the largest spikes during the holiday season include:
1. Burst pipes from freezing claims increase by 734 percent.
2. Fire caused by electrical appliance claims increase by 131 percent.
3. Unoccupied dwelling increase by 112 percent.
- Storm expected to drop snow on Las Vegas outskirts
- NRA shoots itself in the foot with weak attacks on new Nevada law
- UNLV overcomes cold shooting to complete season sweep of Wyoming
- Woman killed by Strip tour bus was resort employee
- Rape Crisis Center moves to larger space as demand for services rises in Las Vegas