This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
New Poll: NV spike in holiday season claims
Published on Thu, Dec 8, 2016 (11:04 a.m.)Nevada-specific holiday home hazards data
A new Allstate poll released just in time for the holiday season reveals Americans are often so wrapped up in decorating, cooking and making other holiday preparations that they forget to take important precautions.
In Nevada, burst pipes from freezing claims increases by 734 percent during the holiday season. The three most common claims that have the largest spikes during the holiday season include:
1. Burst pipes from freezing claims increase by 734 percent.
2. Fire caused by electrical appliance claims increase by 131 percent.
3. Unoccupied dwelling increase by 112 percent.
- Las Vegas police make 27 arrests on EDC’s first night
- Coveted transfer David Jenkins commits to UNLV basketball
- Police: Missing North Las Vegas girls found, in good health
- Vegas Play of the Day: Golden State Warriors at Portland Trail Blazers
- Altercation during commission meeting leads to investigation