This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Nevada State College’s Scorpion Scholarship deadline approaching
Published on Mon, Dec 17, 2018 (2:05 p.m.)New Nevada State College students can be rewarded for their past academic achievement with a Scorpion Academic Scholarship. To be eligible for the Scorpion Scholarship, students must apply for admission by Jan. 15.
“The Scorpion Academic Scholarship is a rewarding program that Nevada State has established to help our students get access to an affordable and dynamic college education,” said Nevada State College President Bart Patterson.
At the time of admission, new students who have met the scholarship deadline will be evaluated for eligibility to be named a Scorpion Academic Scholarship recipient. Eligible students must:
• graduate from high school with a minimum 3.25 unweighted GPA or graduate from a community college within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) with a 3.25 GPA
• enroll in at least 12 credits per semester
• be a degree-seeking student at Nevada State the semester immediately following
Scholarships will be based on the students’ unweighted grade point averages. Students will be placed in one of three award levels based on their entering GPA:
• 3.75 GPA and above is eligible for a minimum award of $2,000 a semester
• 3.5 to 3.74 GPA is eligible for a minimum award of $1,250
• 3.25 to 3.49 GPA is eligible for a minimum award of $500
“The Scorpion Academic Scholarships help our students realize their goals of a college education,” Patterson said. “We must find more ways to support our students and assist them along the way. I am proud of how Nevada State always puts students and their dreams first.”
Nevada State offers other scholarships for new and returning students. For more information, please visit nsc.edu.