This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
YogaFit is Coming to your Community – Join us for the Mind Body Fitness Conference to Bring Yoga to the Underserved
Published on Thu, Mar 28, 2013 (10:51 a.m.)Torrance, CA: YogaFit, the world’s leader in Mind Body Fitness Education, is in town and actively seeking non-profits that would benefit from the expertise of YogaFit training. Please help us in our endeavor by forwarding this to your local media.
The mission of YogaFit is to bring healing yoga to the masses. Yoga is a gift for the body and the mind. YogaFit began by offering classes for donation only. We believe that if everyone in the world gave one hour per week of community service work, the world be a better place. That is why we require every YogaFit Level One trainee to perform 8 hours of practice teaching in a community service setting before receiving a Certificate of Completion. Our trainees have brought the practice and benefits of Yoga to seniors in long-term care homes, disabled persons, incarcerated persons, the terminally ill, mentally challenged individuals and military servants. The Community Service Program gives trainees the opportunity to practice their new teaching skills in a less stressful environment with an appreciative audience.
We are pleased and excited to present to you our Mind/Body Fitness Conferences. We've had many tremendous experiences thus far! MBF conferences are excellent events that help students work towards a Yoga Alliance® registry, earn continuing education credits (CECs), or simply deepen one's yoga practice and transform one's self. For more information about YogaFit, please visit www.yogafit.com.
Interested non-profit organizations should submit their request to [email protected] Anyone with questions, please feel free to contact Miia, at [email protected] .
Upcoming 2013 trainings in your area:
Canyon Ranch & Spa @ 3355 Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Kids June 28 Las Vegas, NV
Level 1 June 29-30 Las Vegas, NV
mind body fitness conferences
YogaFit encourages and supports the philosophy of “Conscious Business.” We believe that socially responsible companies prosper from good will and good Karma. Together we are changing the paradigm of what it means to do good business… really good business.
The YogaFit SPA principles are:
1. Establishing Base and Dynamic Tension. We establish a firm base in the feet and hands, stacking our joints for maximum support, and contracting our muscles to become stable in a pose.
2. Creating Core Stability. We use the muscles of the trunk (e.g. abdominals, erector spinae) to create core stability prior to moving into and while holding poses for greater strength and internal support.
3. Aligning the Spine. The spine is supported through core stabilization in all applicable poses, and the head follows the movement of the spine. When moving into twists, flexion, or extension, we start in neutral spine.
4. Softening and Aligning Knees. In all applicable poses the knees stay in line with ankle and point directly out over the toes. In general, the knees, when bent, will also remain in the same line as the hips. To prevent hyperextension, we keep a micro bend in the knees at all times.
5. Relaxing Shoulders Back and Down. The shoulders are drawn naturally back and down in poses to help reduce tension in the neck and shoulders.
6. Hinging at the Hips. When moving into and out of forward bends, we hinge from the hips, using the natural pulley system of the ball and socket joint, keeping a micro bend in the knees.
7. Shortening the Lever. When hip hinging, flexing or extending the spine, we keep the arms out to the side or alongside the body to reduce strain on the muscles of the low back.
Beth Shaw, CEO and creator of YogaFit explains that the YogaFit style practices safety first, by modifying traditional poses. For example, in YogaFit, a headstand is practiced with no pressure on the head, Instead of balancing on the head, practitioners interlace the fingers behind the head and press their forearms into the floor, so the weight of the body is on the arms, not the head and neck, allowing the body to reverse the blood flow, and build core and upper back strength.
YogaFit is the largest yoga fitness education school in the world, with over 200,000 instructors trained worldwide. Established in 1994 by visionary fitness professional, yoga teacher, entrepreneur and author Beth Shaw, YogaFit hosts Mind Body Fitness Conferences, teacher trainings and retreats worldwide. YogaFit is the exclusive yoga partner for the American Council on Exercise (ACE), Town Sports International ( NYSC, BSC, PSC, WCS), GoodLife Fitness, Can Fit Pro, Tiger Rock Martial Arts, Parker Chiropractic College and 24 Hour Fitness as well as many spas and studios. The unique YogaFit style focuses on safety, accessibility and ”yoga for everybody". Instructors and enthusiasts alike are welcome to attend Conferences and Trainings. Founder and President, Beth Shaw, is internationally recognized as the foremost authority on yoga and fitness, and has been extensively profiled in print and television http://www.yogafit.com/presskit/yfpresskit/home.html. Beth has been featured in and on Oprah, New York Times http://boss.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/business-owners-reflect-on-small-vi , CNN, USA Today, Washington Post, Time, Entrepreneur and regularly appears in yoga and fitness publications. Her book, YogaFit is among Human Kinetics bestselling titles and the latest book - Lessons From The Mat will be released in the Fall of 2013. YogaFit is a leader in Conscious Business and supports many causes and community service initiatives.
- How the Gaming Control Board helped investigation into mass shooter
- Henderson dispensaries get green light to start selling recreational pot
- Mandalay Bay security guard recounts encounter with shooter
- ‘A better team than people expected’: Golden Knights starting to turn heads at 5-1
- UNLV basketball says it’s back with free Showcase event