This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
StoryCorps to Record Stories of Las Vegas Locals-Opening Day April 4
Published on Thu, Mar 28, 2013 (1:59 p.m.)FROM: 91.5 The Source / StoryCorps
91.5 The Source
Vanessa Thill | 702-895-0061
StoryCorps Press Desk
646-723-7020 ext. 75
STORYCORPS AND 91.5 THE SOURCE TO BEGIN RECORDING INTERVIEWS
WITH LAS VEGAS, NEVADA RESIDENTS
Opening ceremony Thursday, April 4 @10:30 am at Centennial Plaza
March 26, 2013 – StoryCorps, a national nonprofit organization dedicated to recording, sharing, and preserving the stories of Americans from all backgrounds and beliefs, will record interviews in Las Vegas from April 4—April 27 as part of its cross-country MobileBooth tour.
StoryCorps’ MobileBooth—an Airstream trailer outfitted with a recording studio—will be parked at Centennial Plaza, 401 South 4th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101 for 4 weeks. Reservations can be made by calling StoryCorps’ 24-hour, toll-free reservation line at 1-800-850-4406, or visiting storycorps.org.
StoryCorps has partnered with 91.5 The Source, and the City of Las Vegas Office of Cultural Affairs, to collect interviews with residents in the Las Vegas area. 91.5 The Source will air a selection of local interviews recorded in the StoryCorps MobileBooth, and create special programs around the project. Segments of select interviews may also air nationally on NPR’s Morning Edition. With participant permission, all StoryCorps interviews will be archived at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.
91.5 The Source will host an opening day press event on April 4, 2013 to introduce StoryCorps to the community, and allow press to interview StoryCorps staff and the first set of participants.
Who: Frank Mueller, General Manager, 91.5 The Source, and StoryCorps staff
What: Opening remarks by Frank Mueller and StoryCorps staff; tour of MobileBooth
Where: Centennial Plaza, 401 South 4th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
When: Thursday, April 4 @10:30 am
9:30 am First Interview—Dan Stout, Director of the Hank Greenspun School of Journalism and Media Studies,
and Alicia Shepard, NPR Ombudsman, Author
10:30 am Press Event
11:00 am MobileBooth Tour
General Press Guidelines
· Cameras will be allowed in the MobileBooth before interviews begin. Photographs and video can be shot from outside the window during interviews.
· Press can listen to interviews with wireless headphones from outside the booth (when available).
· Press can interview participants before and after their StoryCorps interviews.
- Police: Fires set at Trump hotel don’t appear politically motivated
- Father of missing Las Vegas boy avows innocence after body found
- Menzies finds success in recruiting, lands key prospects Amauri Hardy, Shakur Juiston
- Photos: Killers’ frontman Brandon Flowers selling Vegas mansion
- Suspect in Las Vegas slaying arrested while entering US from Mexico