This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Vice President Joe Biden and Astronaut Jose M. Hernandez to Engage Youth at the 84th Annual LULAC National Convention in Las Vegas
Published on Mon, Jun 10, 2013 (9:29 p.m.)Astronaut Jose M. Hernandez will address the future leaders of America at the
League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) 84th annual National
Convention June 20, in Las Vegas. Astronaut Jose M. Hernandez (STS128) will
address the youth and young adults at the Youth and Young Adults Banquet
attended by approximately 1,000 members from across the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
LULAC Stockton 2060 will be presenting a book signing fundraiser by Astronaut
Jose M. Hernandez at the LULAC convention’s Exposition. The event will be held
at Caesars Palace, 3570 South Las Vegas Blvd. Thursday, June 20, 2013, 3p.m. to
5p.m.; Friday, June 21, 2013, 10a.m. to 11:30a.m. and 1:00p.m. to 3:00p.m. The
Exposition is free and open to the public. All proceeds and donations to benefit the
LULAC Youth Eagles Aviation & Space Academy and Reaching for the Stars
Foundation, both 501(c)(3) organizations. “This will be astronaut Hernandez’s only
Nevada appearance, and we are happy that he can attend” said Michael Perez,
Director of the LULAC Aviation & Space Academy.
- Working overtime: Golden Knights cash in late again to beat Blues
- Putting for dough: High-stakes tournament gives players a chance to feel like a pro
- Live Blog: Golden Knights shock Blues 3-2 in overtime
- Police, firefighters, learning from past tragedies, use different tactic to save lives
- Northern Nevada chamber wrong not to join Yucca Mountain fight