This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Fire easily handles Poison
Published on Tue, Jun 11, 2013 (3:37 p.m.)Sunday, June 9
LAS VEGAS - The Pittsburgh Poison were shut-out for the second straight day to open a match in World Professional Billiard League Play as the Phoenix Fire cruised to a 14-2 win over Pittsburgh Sunday at the WPBL Arena in Las Vegas.
Pittsburgh contributed to their early demise by committing fouls on their first two shots of the day, and the shut-out allowed Phoenix to jump out to the 3-0 lead in match points.
The Fire picked up 1 point shoot-out wins in two doubles games. They also had a 2 point doubles win with Manny Chau and Tommy Kennedy cruising to a 30-3 win over Pitttsburgh's Adam Smith and Sylver Ochoa.
Their 7-0 intermission lead jumped to 9-0 when Phoenix captain Scott Frost outlasted Pittsburgh captain Shawn Putnam 30-24.
Smith and Ochoa each earned a point for Pittsburgh in singles shoot-outs before Phoenix closed out the match with a shoot-out point in the second 3 on 3 team game to wrap up the day.
You can catch all the exciting action of the WPBL at www.wpbltv.com in our store, as well as find out schedule information and more.
- Welcome to Las Vegas: NFL owners expected to OK Raiders move today
- The Las Vegas Raiders: NFL owners approve team’s move from Oakland on 31-1 vote
- Anchors away: Strip malls deal with the uncertainty of the grocery industry
- Lawmakers have every reason to speed along light rail plan
- Why the West is moving away from coal (even with Trump in office)