This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Luxor and Excalibur Employees Serve Homeless Residents during Catholic Charities Thanksgiving Meal Extravaganza
Published on Mon, Nov 25, 2013 (9:28 a.m.)Approximately 2,000 Homeless Las Vegas Residents to Enjoy Meal Prepared by the Resorts' Chefs
What: Approximately 200 employees from Luxor and Excalibur will join Catholic Charities in serving a special Thanksgiving meal to Las Vegas' homeless residents.
Prepared by the chefs of the two Las Vegas Strip resorts, the meal is expected to feed 2,000 guests and include turkey, stuffing, ham, fruit, corn, yams, pumpkin pie and beverages, as well as other Thanksgiving meal staples.
Executive teams from Luxor and Excalibur will join other employees in serving the meal. A Thanksgiving Day tradition started by Excalibur 23 years ago, the annual feast has evolved into an even larger event with the Luxor's participation since 2010.
When: Tuesday, November 26, 2013
3pm – 6pm
Where: Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
1501 N Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas
• Luxor and Excalibur Executives
• Catholic Charities Staff
• Guests Enjoying the Meal
- Police: Fatal shooting at apartment linked to drug deal
- 21 indicted in Thailand-to-U.S. sex-trafficking ring
- Ownership change may speed plans for long-sought new home for Las Vegas 51s
- Nevada mandates body cameras on all police officers
- Holiday weekend: Here come the tourists — and high temperatures