This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
World's best billiard players to meet in Las Vegas for championship playoff
Published on Wed, Jan 15, 2014 (12:07 p.m.)36 of the world's top professional pool players will convene in Las Vegas as The World Professional Billiard League will hold it's first ever WPBL Bonus Ball championship tournament February 5th-15th at the WPBL Arena located at 6745 Surrey St. in Las Vegas.
The 12 teams consisting of 3 players each will be competing for a $120,000 prize fund, with the championship team crowned as the first ever champs for the league that's completing it's inaugural season.
Among the marquee names in the league are Mika Immonen and Johnny Archer - the last two players of the decade according to The Billiard Congress of America, as well as current number one rated player in the world Thorsten Hohmann.
For more information on teams, players, the tournament schedule, or the game of Bonus Ball, visit the league's website at www.wpbltv.com
- Henderson dispensaries get green light to start selling recreational pot
- How the Gaming Control Board helped investigation into mass shooter
- Mandalay Bay security guard recounts encounter with shooter
- ‘A better team than people expected’: Golden Knights starting to turn heads at 5-1
- UNLV basketball says it’s back with free Showcase event