St. Baldrick's head shaving events
This year, several local venues are getting in on the fundraising action as people raise money to benefit St. Baldrick’s Foundation for cancer research by shaving their heads. There are several events to choose from:
* Vinyl at the Hard Rock presents Rock 'n' Shave featuring the Sin City Sinners, from 1-10 p.m. on Saturday. Sin City Sinners’ Manager Jason Green will serve as the host of the event and Jason Cook, guitarist of Five Finger Death Punch, and KVVU Fox 5 news anchor Jason Feinberg will volunteer as guest shavers. Sin City Sinners’ long-haired drummer Rob Cournoyer and KOMP 92.3 FM’s Isaac “Big Mex” Andrade will be saying goodbye to their locks and in honor of the nonprofit. Throughout the day, guests can bid on various prizes and participate in multiple raffles with proceeds going to the organization. Raffle items include signed merchandise from the Deftones, Five Finger Death Punch, Sick Puppies, Ozzy Osbourne, Kofi Kingston, and more. At 8 p.m., Sin City Sinners will perform a free show.
* Rí Rá in the Shoppes at Mandalay Place hosts a head-shaving party with "Peep Diva" Cheeza and Josh Strickland from "Peepshow" serving as guest head-shavers. The event starts at 1 p.m.
* Nine Fine Irishmen at New York-New York Hotel & Casino hosts a head-shaving event from 1 – 11 p.m. Guests of all ages are invited to enjoy a fun-filled day on the New York-New York Brooklyn Bridge with live performances by Spazmatics, Phoenix and Ri-Ra, festive drinks and more. Participants can shed their locks in support of the St. Baldrick’s Foundation and participants are eligible for special “shavecation” hotel packages at New York-New York, along with other fun perks like a complimentary beer or a free roller coaster ride.
* Mickie Finnz Fish House & Bar on Fremont St. hosts a head-shaving event where Las Vegas Weekly's own Guy Bertuzzi shaves his head to raise money for St. Baldrick's.
* McMullan's Irish Pub teams up with the St. Baldrick's Foundation for a shaving party that will be streamed live online so shavees can share the experience with their supporters and donors.
When: Saturday, March 2, 2013
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: various locations, see event description
Cost: Not available
Age limit: Not available
Event posted Feb. 25, 2013
Last updated Feb. 28, 2013