UPS Road Code Challenge
To help combat the ever-growing issue of distracted driving, UPS Road Code, a national teen safe driving program implemented by Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) and The UPS Foundation, is hitting the road for safety in Las Vegas. UPS Road Code is largely based on the same safety training used by UPS’s own drivers, who are known for their safe driving techniques. In fact, UPS's 102,000 drivers worldwide log more than three billion miles per year with less than one accident per million miles driven. Taught by UPS employees trained as volunteer instructors, the program provides teens with four sessions of classroom-based instruction, as well as time “behind the wheel” of a virtual driving simulator.
At the UPS Road Code Challenge, local teens will have the opportunity to:
• Race the clock in a fun and challenging obstacle course, highlighting morning distractions before school and ways to stay safe
• Test their driving skills with our lifelike driving simulators, presenting real-life scenarios on how distracted driving affects safety on the road
• Sign the national petition pledging safety behind the wheel
• Take the Road Code Report Card to quiz themselves on safe driving knowledge
• Speak with representatives from the community on techniques for eliminating distractions on the road
When: Thursday, May 9, 2013
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Andre Agassi Boys & Girls Club
Age limit: 10+
Event posted April 29, 2013
Last updated April 29, 2013
- Las Vegas Philharmonic: The Passion & Romance of the Harp
- Smith Center for the Performing Arts | 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Vegas Golden Knights
- T-Mobile Arena
- Lena Prima with the Lawrence Sieberth Orchestra
- Smith Center for the Performing Arts | 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.