Las Vegas Transpride 2016
The transgender community can get lost in the large mix of groups that gather for and represent Las Vegas Pride. Its specific role within the greater queer population all but requires another event that both highlights and addresses the complexities of living publicly, and celebrates the countless ways it expresses self-identity. This six-day event attempts that, with social gatherings, a 2.4-mile, out-
and-back march on Sahara Avenue, a Saturday entertainment night, a town hall for the Day of Awareness, workshops and a vendor fair for the Day of Empowerment and a vigil for the Day of Remembrance, among other programs. Venues include Transcending the Gender Box drop-in center, the Gay and Lesbian Community Center and the Space.
For more information, visit lasvegastranspride.org.
When: Sunday, Nov. 20, 2016
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Multiple locations
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Nov. 9, 2016
Last updated Nov. 9, 2016
- Las Vegas Philharmonic: The Passion & Romance of the Harp
- Smith Center for the Performing Arts | 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Vegas Golden Knights
- T-Mobile Arena | 19:00:00
- Lena Prima with the Lawrence Sieberth Orchestra
- Smith Center for the Performing Arts | 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.