Carmen Met Summer Encore
Length: 3 hours
Synopsis: Richard Eyre’s hit production stars Elina Garanca as the seductive gypsy of the title, opposite Roberto Alagna as the obsessed Don José. Carmen “is about sex, violence, and racism-and its corollary: freedom,” the director says about Bizet’s drama. “It is one of the inalienably great works of art. It’s sexy, in every sense. And I think it should be shocking.” Yannick Nézet-Séguin conducts.
- UNLV student abducted from campus parking garage, raped
- ‘Charlie changed the world’: Metro officer slain in mass shooting honored at memorial
- College football by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of Week 8
- Reno car dealer gives $1 million to renovate UNR ballpark
- These basketball programs need to win or Mountain West will remain one-bid league