Length: 2 hours
Synopsis: “Argo” chronicles the life-or-death covert operation to rescue six Americans, which unfolded behind the scenes of the Iran hostage crisis-the truth of which was unknown by the public for decades. On November 4, 1979, as the Iranian revolution reaches its boiling point, militants storm the U.S. embassy in Tehran, taking 52 Americans hostage. But, in the midst of the chaos, six Americans manage to slip away and find refuge in the home of the Canadian ambassador. Knowing it is only a matter of time before the six are found out and likely killed, a CIA “exfiltration” specialist named Tony Mendez comes up with a risky plan to get them safely out of the country.
- Bionic bartenders deployed at Strip bar: But can you bend their ear?
- ‘Amsterdam on steroids’: L.V. dispensaries gird for weekend start of recreational sales
- Facing defections, Senate GOP leaders delay health care vote
- U.S. 95 downtown to be closed in both directions overnight Wednesday
- Vegas Play of the Day: Cardinals at Diamondbacks