Beasts of the Southern Wild
Length: 1 hour, 31 minutes
Synopsis: Hushpuppy, an intrepid six-year-old girl, lives with her father, Wink, in “the Bathtub,” a southern Delta community at the edge of the world. Wink’s tough love prepares her for the unraveling of the universe; for a time when he’s no longer there to protect her. When Wink contracts a mysterious illness, nature flies out of whack-temperatures rise, and the ice caps melt, unleashing an army of prehistoric creatures called aurochs. With the waters rising, the aurochs coming, and Wink’s health fading, Hushpuppy goes in search of her lost mother.
- Welcome to Las Vegas: NFL owners expected to OK Raiders move today
- The Las Vegas Raiders: NFL owners approve team’s move from Oakland on 31-1 vote
- Anchors away: Strip malls deal with the uncertainty of the grocery industry
- Lawmakers have every reason to speed along light rail plan
- Why the West is moving away from coal (even with Trump in office)