Hyde Park on Hudson
Length: 1 hour, 34 minutes
Synopsis: In June 1939, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and his wife, Eleanor, host the King and Queen of England for a weekend at the Roosevelt home at Hyde Park on Hudson in upstate New York in the first-ever visit of a reigning English monarch to America. With Britain facing imminent war with Germany, the Royals are desperately looking to FDR for support. But international affairs must be juggled with the complexities of FDR’s domestic establishment, as wife, mother and mistresses all conspire to make the royal weekend an unforgettable one. Seen through the eyes of Daisy, Franklin’s neighbor and intimate, the weekend will produce not only a special relationship between two great nations, but, for Daisy, a deeper understanding of the mysteries of love and friendship.
- No, it wasn’t just another inferior opponent — Rebels are a good team
- Should private vehicles be banned from the Strip?
- Brandon McCoy leads UNLV to dominant win over Rice
- Thanksgiving Dining Guide: Where to get your fill in Las Vegas
- In Raiders stadium deal, sides still split over workforce, business goals