The Metropolitan Opera: Francesca da Rimini
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: NCM Fathom brings the seventh season of the Metropolitan Opera’s Peabody and Emmy Award-winning series The Met: Live in HD in movie theaters nationwide. The broadcast of Zandonai’s Francesca da Rimini will be presented live for only one day on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 12 PM ET / 9 AM PT in select movie theaters. Zandonai’s compelling opera, inspired by an episode from Dante’s Inferno, returns in the Met’s ravishingly beautiful production, last seen in 1986. Dramatic soprano Eva-Maria Westbroek and tenor Marcello Giordani are the doomed lovers. Marco Armiliato conducts.
- Clark basketball back in a familar spot, the state title game
- Bishop Gorman knocks off Reno to reach state title game
- Las Vegas Taste & Sounds of Soul Festival returns to Fremont Street
- An alarmed base prods Democrats into all-out war with Trump
- Sandovals head to D.C. for semi-annual governors meeting