The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960 —ideal setting for this eternal conflict of depravity and innocence. In this production, inspired by the antics of the Rat Pack, Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic as his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto. Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughter — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- Protesters block traffic on Strip for man killed in police custody
- A-Tech in a class by itself: Magnet schools shine as models for public education
- Rediscovering America: A quiz on Memorial Day
- Nevada lawmakers struggling with school voucher issue
- Community groups combat troubling rate of pedestrian deaths in Clark County