The Metropolitan Opera: Un Ballo in Maschera
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: Accompanied by a thrilling score, Verdi’s vivid characters grapple with life and love, betrayal and death. Director David Alden’s dreamlike setting provides a compelling backdrop for this dramatic story of jealousy and vengeance. Marcelo Álvarez stars as the conflicted king; Sondra Radvanovsky is Amelia, the object of his secret passion; and Dmitri Hvorostovsky is her suspicious husband. Kathleen Kim is the page Oscar, and mezzosoprano powerhouses Dolora Zajick and Stephanie Blythe take turns singing the fortuneteller Ulrica. Fabio Luisi conducts.
- The battle to build near Red Rock Canyon is coming to a head — again
- After dozens of lawsuits, strippers still fighting for employee status
- Energy updates: Coal is out, NV Energy asks to boost rooftop solar incentives
- Teen fatally shot after fight on Las Vegas basketball court
- Raiders need money and more to pull off Las Vegas move