The Metropolitan Opera: Un Ballo in Maschera
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: Accompanied by a thrilling score, Verdi’s vivid characters grapple with life and love, betrayal and death. Director David Alden’s dreamlike setting provides a compelling backdrop for this dramatic story of jealousy and vengeance. Marcelo Álvarez stars as the conflicted king; Sondra Radvanovsky is Amelia, the object of his secret passion; and Dmitri Hvorostovsky is her suspicious husband. Kathleen Kim is the page Oscar, and mezzosoprano powerhouses Dolora Zajick and Stephanie Blythe take turns singing the fortuneteller Ulrica. Fabio Luisi conducts.
- Calculating cost of outfitting an NHL player — it’s pricey
- Outgoing UNLV athletic director thanks supporters, touts triumphs
- Sandoval’s plan to track opioid abuse in real time advances
- After trip’s final day, president to return to tumult back home
- Kafka in Vegas: A slain circus star, a dubious confession, and a prosecutorial misconduct epidemic