The Metropolitan Opera: Aida Encore
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: The Met’s unforgettable production of Verdi’s ancient Egyptian drama stars Liudmyla Monastyrska and Hui He. They share the title role of the enslaved Ethiopian princess caught in a love triangle with the heroic Radamès, played by Marco Berti and Roberto Alagna, and the proud Egyptian princess Amneris, sung by Dolora Zajick and Olga Borodina. Fabio Luisi conducts this revival, which features recent choreography by Alexei Ratmansky.
- Ownership change may speed plans for long-sought new home for Las Vegas 51s
- Holiday weekend: Here come the tourists — and high temperatures
- Flood of off-lease used cars push prices down, upend market
- No ‘typical DUI case’: Why D.A. is seeking a murder conviction
- Nevada mandates body cameras on all police officers