The Metropolitan Opera: Maria Stuarda ENCORE
Length: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Synopsis: Fresh from her triumph in the Met’s The Enchanted Island, mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato, one of the world’s most exciting singers, takes on the virtuosic bel canto role of the doomed Mary, Queen of Scots. Having scored a major success with his production of Anna Bolena, director David McVicar now turns to the second opera of Donizetti’s Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Elza van den Heever sings Elizabeth I, and Maurizio Benini conducts.
- College football by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of Week 8
- ‘Charlie changed the world’: Metro officer slain in mass shooting honored at memorial
- These basketball programs need to win or Mountain West will remain one-bid league
- Pride parade makes for lively show of unity in downtown Las Vegas
- Survey: Las Vegas shooting does little to change opinions on guns