The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto Encore
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960. Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic is his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto, and Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughte, Gilda — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- Study finds underage, fearful women in Vegas sex trafficking
- Injured Gorman star Bey helps Gaels win 9th straight Sunset basketball crown
- Leaks like Flynn information are responsible, not unpatriotic
- Research meets rhetoric: UNLV scholar reframes the White House’s rejection of climate science
- Courting a congregation: Pastor hoops it up to attract people to the church