Length: 1 hour, 37 minutes
Synopsis: Lifelong friends Wilf and Reggie, together with former colleague Cissy, are residents of Beecham House, a home for retired opera singers. Every year on Giuseppe Verdi’s birthday, the residents unite to give a concert to raise funds for their home. But when Jean Horton, a former grande dame of the opera fallen on hard times, also Reggie’s ex-wife, moves into the home to everyone’s surprise, the plans for this year’s concert start to unravel. As old grudges threaten to undermine past glories and theatrical temperaments play havoc with the rehearsal schedule, it becomes apparent that having four of the finest singers in English operatic history under one roof offers no guarantee that the show will go on.
- What are the prospects of retail on the former New Frontier site?
- Officials can ‘get aggressive’ to research, fund proposed light rail
- Heller among lawmakers targeted by new pro-Medicaid ads
- Mexican restaurant Casa Don Juan to open Henderson location
- Analysis: Big man McCoy is key to Rebels’ rebuild