Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- If Raiders’ move to L.V. is approved, Bay Area fans should boycott team
- Over 1 million join anti-Trump women’s marches worldwide
- How hard has Airbnb hit the hotel industry? It’s not as bad as once thought
- The Latest: Petition seeks Trump’s tax returns
- 10,000th same-sex marriage license issued in Clark County