Length: 1 hour, 51 minutes
Synopsis: Spring, 1958: 21-year-old Rose Pamphyle lives with her grouchy widower father who runs the village store. Engaged to the son of the local mechanic, she seems destined for the quiet, drudgery-filled life of a housewife. But that’s not the life Rose longs for. When she travels to Lisieux in Normandy, where charismatic insurance agency boss Louis Echard is advertising for a secretary, the ensuing interview is a disaster. But Rose reveals a special gift - she can type at extraordinary speed. Unwittingly, the young woman awakens the dormant sports fan in Louis. If she wants the job she’ll have to compete in a speed typing competition. Whatever sacrifices Rose must make to reach the top, Louis declares himself her trainer. He’ll turn her into the fastest girl not only in the country, but in the world! But a love of sport doesn’t always mix well with love itself.
- Will UNLV football feel at home on game day as lesser tenant of NFL stadium?
- Nevada moves to join 11 other states in popular-vote effort
- Vape tax would ‘put us into bankruptcy,’ company says
- Police: Cab driver arrested after sex assault seen on video
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: 16 things to know before betting the Sweet 16