Armida Met Summer Encore
Length: 3 hours, 5 minutes
Synopsis: This mythical story of a sorceress who enthralls men in her island prison has inspired operatic settings by a multitude of composers, including Gluck, Haydn, and Dvo?ák. Renée Fleming stars in the title role of Rossini’s version, opposite no fewer than five tenors. Director Mary Zimmerman describes the work as “a buried treasure, a box of jewels.” Armida is a fanciful and magical tale with “an epic, enchanted quality and a tremendous visual element.” Riccardo Frizza conducts.
- At one Las Vegas hotel, $7,500 gets you everything
- Faraday Future hit with $1.8 million lawsuit over new car debut
- Preparing to meet Trump, Mexican leader seeks common ground
- Gun checks and higher minimum wage among Democrats’ priorities
- Gunman with white boots sought in northeast-valley bar killing