The Metropolitan Opera: The Nose ENCORE
Length: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Synopsis: NCM Fathom Events presents an encore performance of Shostakovich’s The Nose in select cinemas on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 6:30 PM in all time zones. William Kentridge stormed the Met with his inventive production of Shostakovich’s opera, which dazzled opera and art lovers alike in its inaugural run in 2010. Now Paulo Szot reprises his acclaimed performance of a bureaucrat, whose satirical misadventures in search of his missing nose are based on Gogol’s comic story. Pavel Smelkov conducts.
- No, it wasn’t just another inferior opponent — Rebels are a good team
- Should private vehicles be banned from the Strip?
- Brandon McCoy leads UNLV to dominant win over Rice
- Thanksgiving Dining Guide: Where to get your fill in Las Vegas
- In Raiders stadium deal, sides still split over workforce, business goals