The Metropolitan Opera: The Nose
Length: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Synopsis: NCM Fathom Events brings the eighth season of the Metropolitan Opera’s Peabody and Emmy Award-winning series The Met: Live in HD to select cinemas nationwide. The broadcast of Shostakovich’s The Nose will be presented live on Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM ET / 9:55 AM PT. William Kentridge stormed the Met with his inventive production of Shostakovich’s opera, which dazzled opera and art lovers alike in its inaugural run in 2010. Now Paulo Szot reprises his acclaimed performance of a bureaucrat, whose satirical misadventures in search of his missing nose are based on Gogol’s comic story. Pavel Smelkov conducts.
- Golden Knights name change unlikely in trademark case
- For prized UNLV recruiting target Julian Strawther, growing up is a team effort
- ‘Trying it is believing,’ Sandoval says of self-driving vehicles
- Lawyer: Charges possible in connection with Strip shooting
- Workplace raids signal tactical shift in White House’s immigration fight