Monday, Aug. 24, 2009 | 4:15 p.m.
- Station Casinos founder left his mark as philanthropist (8-22-2009)
- Frank Fertitta Jr., patriarch of Station Casinos, dies (8-21-2009)
- Casino companies, even the competition, wish Aliante well (11-13-2008)
- John Katsilometes catches up with the Fertittas on the night they open their Red Rock Resort (4-19-2006)
- Station’s Econ 101 (1-8-2006)
- Frank Fertitta Jr.'s journey: Neighborhood Draw (12-23-2005)
Funeral services for Station Casinos Inc. founder and community philanthropist Frank Fertitta Jr. have been scheduled for Friday and Saturday.
Fertitta died Friday in a Los Angeles hospital.
A rosary and vigil will be held beginning at 6:30 p.m. Friday at St. Joseph Husband of Mary Catholic Church, 7260 W. Sahara Ave.
A funeral mass is scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at the Shrine of the Most Holy Redeemer at 55 E. Reno Ave., southeast of Tropicana Avenue and Las Vegas Boulevard South.
The rosary, vigil and funeral mass will be open to the public; the burial will be private.
The Fertitta family has asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to two of Mr. Fertitta's most valued charities, Bishop Gorman High School and Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada.