Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2009 | 5:17 p.m.
- Hundreds mourn slain Metro officer, denounce violence (11-23-2009)
- Report details events leading to officer’s fatal shooting (11-23-2009)
- 3 arrested in shooting of Metro officer appear in court (11-23-2009)
- Police arrest 2 more in fatal shooting of Metro officer (11-22-2009)
- Police: 3 arrested in officer’s death have gang ties (11-20-2009)
- Three arrested in fatal shooting of Metro officer (11-19-2009)
Metro Police today announced the route scheduled for the Wednesday funeral procession of Officer Trevor Nettleton -- a route that includes the entire Las Vegas Strip.
The procession will begin at 9 a.m. leaving from Palm Mortuary, 7600 S. Eastern Ave., en route to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Roman Catholic Church, 1811 Pueblo Vista Drive, where services are scheduled to begin at 11 a.m.
Metro released the following route, saying traffic will be disrupted along the way beginning at about 9 a.m.: Northbound Eastern Avenue, to westbound Sunset Road, to northbound Las Vegas Boulevard, to westbound U.S. 95, to westbound Summerlin Parkway, to northbound Durango Drive, to eastbound Vegas Drive, to northbound Pueblo Vista Drive.
Beginning at about 1 p.m., the procession will take the following route to the burial location at Palm Mortuary and Cemetery Northwest, 6701 N. Jones Blvd.: Northbound Pueblo Vista Drive, to westbound Lake Mead Boulevard, to southbound Rampart Boulevard, to westbound Summerlin Parkway, to the northbound Las Vegas Beltway, to northbound Jones Boulevard.
Jones will be closed to northbound and southbound traffic from the 215 Beltway to Deer Springs Way from about 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Nettleton, a three-year veteran of Metro Police, was shot to death early Thursday at his North Las Vegas home. Five people have been arrested in the case.