Friday, Sept. 25, 2009 | 10:59 p.m.
- Basic cruises for easy win, looks ahead to showdown with Del Sol
- Liberty unleashes powerful ground game in 34-14 win over Green Valley
- Las Vegas' air attack routs Valley
- Duhjuan Miller has two interceptions in Cheyenne win over Arbor View
- Desert Oasis puts up fight but finally bows to Bishop Gorman
- Bonanza jumps to early lead, beats Pahrump Valley 39-12
- Clark pulls away from Western in second half for 42-12 win
- Durango makes statement with 31-28 victory over Spring Valley
- Del Sol remains perfect with narrow victory against Foothill
- Silverado glides past Sierra Vista
- Undefeated Legacy runs over Virgin Valley for 62-7 victory
- Moapa Valley races past Rancho
- Canyon Springs dominates Eldorado 54-13
- Mojave scores as time winds down to beat Faith Lutheran
- Leon Hayes helps Desert Pines overcome mistakes to beat Chaparral
Related blog entries
Las Vegas Sun reporters Ray Brewer and Steve Silver break down last week's truly memorable high school football action and preview this Friday's upcoming games. They also discuss the latest NIAA realignment news.
Blake, the versatile four-year varsity performer who has played multiple positions on both sides of the ball during his career, started at quarterback and completed 3-of-4 passes for 43 yards and a touchdown — a 19-yard strike to Ernest Hall.
“The kids really executed,” Palo Verde coach Darwin Rost said. “They really played aggressive and physical.”
Blake quarterbacked the Panthers (5-0) for the first quarter before giving way to Mears, who started the first four games.
It was the third shutout for Palo Verde, which has only yielded 14 points in five games.