Las Vegas Sun

September 16, 2019

Currently: 87° — Complete forecast

Toddler boy dies after stove falls on him at apartment

Map

Metro Police said a stove apparently toppled onto a child Sunday afternoon, killing the toddler at an apartment complex on Charleston Boulevard.

Lt. Ted Snodgrass said the incident happened about 2:40 p.m. in the 4700 block of East Charleston Boulevard.

The boy, about 18 months old, opened the oven door, which somehow caused the stove to tumble over and crush him, Snodgrass said.

The boy was taken to University Medical Center's pediatric ward, where he was pronounced dead, police said.

Snodgrass said it's unclear whether other children were home at the time of the accident and who was supervising the young boy. Detectives from Metro's abuse and neglect detail and officials from Child Protective Services are continuing the investigation at the apartment, he said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy