Monday, Aug. 8, 2011 | 9:06 a.m.
Rocker Vince Neil was given a three-month delay today for his trial on a misdemeanor battery charge involving his ex-girlfriend, Alicia Jacobs, on March 24 at a show at the Las Vegas Hilton.
Neil, 50, the frontman for Mötley Crüe, was scheduled to have a bench trial on the charge in Las Vegas Justice Court, but one of his attorneys asked the court for an “emergency continuance” of the trial. Attorney Saraliene Smith Durret, who was appearing on behalf of David Chesnoff, Neil's attorney, didn't explain what the emergency was, but the prosecutor did not object.
Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa granted the request and reset the date for 8:30 a.m. Nov. 7.
Neil is facing a charge of battery constituting domestic violence for allegedly poking Jacobs, 45, in the chest with his finger.
He has also pleaded not guilty to a charge of disorderly conduct for allegedly harassing Jacobs' friends, Patricia McCrone, 41, and John Katsilometes, 45, who is a Sun columnist and editor. Katsilometes wrote about the incident.
Neil is under a court order to stay away from and not to have contact with Jacobs.
- Judge: Mötley Crüe’s Vince Neil, former girlfriend to have no contact (5-2-11)
- Mötley Crüe’s Vince Neil closes out final DUI sentencing requirements (4-26-11)
- Dr. Feelbad? Vince Neil goes away mad at the Las Vegas Hilton (3-25-11)
- In the face of driving concerns, Vince Neil says not to worry (3-20-11)
- Rocker Vince Neil released from Las Vegas jail early (2-25-11)
- The Kats Report: Vince Neil moves from the Big House to his own (2-25-11)
- Mötley Crüe’s Vince Neil turns self in to serve DUI sentence (2-15-2011)
- Mötley Crüe’s Vince Neil gets 15 days for DUI, speeding (1-26-2011)
- January trial set for Vince Neil on DUI charge (10-11-2010)
- October court date set for Vince Neil in DUI case (9-27-2010)
- Motley Crue’s Vince Neil arrested on DUI charge in Las Vegas (6-28-2010)