Monday, Feb. 6, 2012 | 1:20 p.m.
Clerks at seven businesses were cited for making alcohol sales to minors during a Henderson Police operation Saturday night.
The department’s Community Relations Unit teamed with underage volunteers to test 48 bars and restaurants throughout the city, police said.
The following businesses, police said, failed and sold alcohol to minors:
• Railroad Pass Casino, 2800 S. Boulder Highway
• Rainbow Club, 122 S. Water St.
• Beach House Grill and Bar, 10430 S. Eastern Ave.
• Dotty’s Casino, 1133 N. Boulder Highway
• Sierra Gold, 1341 W. Warm Springs Road
• Barley’s Casino & Brewing Co., 4500 E. Sunset Road
• Klondike Sunset Casino, 444 W. Sunset Road
The citations could lead to a maximum penalty of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine, police said. If the businesses fail a second or third time, the owners or managers could face citations and revocation of their business licenses, police said.
The seven businesses that failed this weekend were all first-time offenders, police said.
In addition, police said minors approached 68 people during the operation and asked them to buy alcohol for them. Of those people solicited, four agreed to buy the alcohol despite warnings that laws prohibit buying alcoholic beverages for minors, police said.
A federal grant helped fund the operation, police said.