Las Vegas Sun

October 23, 2017

Currently: 84° — Complete forecast

Fire at Las Vegas Valley strip mall does $75,000 damage


Courtesy Clark County Fire Department

Firefighter were dispatched to 5020 Spring Mountain Road early Wednesday morning in response to a fire in a strip mall. Crews quickly tamed the fire, and no one was injured.

A fire at a strip mall early this morning caused an estimated $75,000 damage to a shoe repair store and minor roof damage at a tea house, the Clark County Fire Department said.

Nobody was injured, officials said.

Firefighters from the county and Las Vegas responded to reports of the fire at 4:19 a.m. at Mike’s Shoe Repair at Seoul Plaza, 5020 Spring Mountain Road, near Decatur Boulevard, officials said. The shop owner, who was there working, called 911 to report light smoke in the building, officials said.

Firefighters found fire at the store and more units were called as a precaution before the blaze was extinguished, officials said.

Damage to the shoe repair store was estimated at $75,000, authorities said. The nearby Volcano Tea House had slight roof damage, fire officials said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy