Thursday, Oct. 25, 2012 | 4:52 p.m.
Fire displaces family
A family of five was displaced Thursday after a clothes dryer ignited a fire in its home near Ash Street and Lake Mead Parkway in Henderson.
Henderson Fire Battalion Chief Doug Koopman said a resident discovered the fire and called 911 around 12:30 p.m. Firefighters arrived to find flames extending from the rear of the home and quickly spreading along the roof.
The two adults and their three children left the house without injury. Koopman said firefighters extinguished the flames in 15 minutes, but the home sustained $30,000 in damage.
Henderson Fire Department investigators determined the cause of the fire accidental and linked it to the dryer unit.