Tuesday, April 9, 2013 | 11:56 a.m.
A fire that smoldered for hours at a 7,000-sqaure-foot house on the Southern Highlands golf course did an estimated $75,000 damage before it was put out, Clark County Fire Department officials said.
The home, in the 3800 block of Glasgow Green Drive, was under renovation, and no one was living there, officials said.
The fire was reported about 10:20 p.m. Monday after a community security patrol noticed smoke coming from the house and heard smoke alarms going off, officials said.
Firefighters found the second floor filled with smoke and used thermal-imaging cameras, which detect heat, to find the fire in concealed floor and wall spaces around a second-floor bathroom, officials said. It appears the fire had been smoldering for several hours, officials said.
Firefighters from Clark County and the city of Henderson responded.