Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014 | 6:47 p.m.
A Burger King in the northwest valley was evacuated today after a malfunctioning air conditioning unit filled the building with light smoke, according to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue.
At around 6:05 p.m., firefighters received reports of smoke inside the fast-food restaurant on 8564 W. Lake Mead Blvd., near North Rampart Boulevard, spokesman Tim Szymanski said.
Crews determined that a motor inside one of the building's air conditioning units had malfunctioned, but it had already turned off by the time firefighters arrived, Szymanski said.
The building was evacuated as a precautionary measure.
There was no damage to the building, and no injuries were reported, Szymanski said.