Thursday, Aug. 13, 2015 | 2 a.m.
When you hear Republicans praising veterans, do not believe it for a minute. Congressional Republicans blocked or filibustered bill after bill that would have aided veterans, all in an attempt to undermine President Barack Obama and cut taxes for the wealthy. They do not want this man to have a positive legacy.
Mitch McConnell and his cohorts filibustered $21 billion in funds that would have expanded veteran benefits and saved expansions.
• blocked a $1 billion jobs bill that would have helped millions of vets
• blocked a bill that would have kept benefits on par with the cost of living
• killed the Wounded Veteran Job Security Act
• killed the Veterans Retraining Act
• killed the Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Act
• killed the Disabled Veterans Home Improvement Act
• killed the Job Creation Through Entrepreneurship Act
While they defend John McCain from vile comments made by Donald Trump, these hypocrites swift-boated another Vietnam War veteran who holds a Bronze Star, a Silver Star and three purple hearts, John Kerry.
Since Republicans have held the House and now the Senate we have the least effective Congress in American history, which is urging us into another Mideast war, this time with Iran.
Vernos Branco, Las Vegas