Friday, Feb. 17, 2017 | 10:15 a.m.
A burned-out elevator motor filled the basement of the Golden Nugget with light smoke this morning, but guests were not affected, according to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue officials.
There was no fire at the downtown Las Vegas casino-hotel, officials said. Nobody was injured, and the only damage was to the motor, officials said.
The fire department reported the incident via Twitter about 9 a.m. Firefighters helped maintenance workers clear the basement of smoke, which did not reach public areas of the building, officials said.