Published Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2018 | 8 p.m.
Updated Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2018 | 11:22 p.m.
A person suffered moderate burns in a central valley blaze Las Vegas Fire & Rescue extinguished Tuesday evening.
Large amounts of gasoline stored in a garage mixed with water, which intensified the flames, according to fire officials.
Crews responded to Del Monte Ave, near Decatur and Oakey boulevards, and found the flames and heavy smoke billowing from a two-story house, officials said.
The adult burn victim, who was rushed to University Medical Center, is expected to survive, officials said.
The bulk of the fire had been extinguished by 8:30 p.m.
Investigators had learned that two adults live at the residence, and had just gotten home, when all of a sudden, an explosion went off in the garage, officials said.
They went out to find a car on fire, and a fast-spreading fire in the garage, officials said.