Las Vegas Sun

November 22, 2018

Currently: 56° — Complete forecast

Students evacuated from school after smoke triggers alarm

Students at Kay Carl Elementary School were temporarily evacuated this morning after a cardboard box fell onto a stove and fire alarms were activated, according to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue officials.

The fire department reported the incident about 10:45 a.m. at the school in the 5600 block of Corbett Street in the north valley, near Jones Boulevard and Tropical Parkway.

Officials said there was smoke coming from the kitchen but no fire and no damage. Nobody was injured, and school is back to normal, officials said.