Las Vegas Sun

September 20, 2019

Currently: 66° — Complete forecast

Firefighters battle house fire in northwest valley

Updated Thursday, July 11, 2019 | 4:05 p.m.

A house fire today in the northwest valley that caused an estimated $300,000 in damage was caused by a faulty stove, according to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue officials.

The fire was reported about 12:25 p.m. today in the 5300 block of Fort Apache Road, south of Ann Road, officials said. A single-story house was fully involved in flames when firefighters arrived, officials said.

No injuries were reported, but the house was gutted, officials said.

A limited number of fire hydrants in the area and gusting winds added to the challenge of fighting the blaze, officials said.