UFC 79: Nemesis
Sat, Dec 29, 2007 (10 p.m.)
Originally set as a fight between Ultimate Fighter coaches Matt Hughes and Matt Serra, Georges St. Pierre stepped in for the injured Serra for the interim welterweight title. St. Pierre won the fight in the second round via submission. The card also featured a fight between Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva, with Liddell prevailing by unanimous decision.
- Bush’s immigration message strikes the right tone for national discussion
- Analysis: Could ETSU coach Steve Forbes ‘win now’ at UNLV?
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of Sunday’s games
- Neighborhood favorite Forte Tapas ready to celebrate 10 years
- Sisolak’s chief of staff credits North Carolina university for start in politics