- El Dorado Cantina’s happy hour is a true treasure
- Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018
- The booze offerings are generous, and the food menu short and sweet, including $3.50 street tacos with your choice of proteins.
- Singer Kristen Hertzenberg provides one of this Las Vegas’ brightest wintertime traditions
- Thursday, Nov. 29, 2018
- “The audience gives you an entirely different sentiment than they do the rest of the year.”
- What inspires muralist, enamel pinmaker and wedding minister Holly Vaughn?
- Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2018
- I pretty much always have a copy of Ray Bradbury’s The Martian Chronicles handy. I feel like we’re living in that Mars landscape—like it’s the story of my hometown.
- Three ’90s pioneers of electronic music play Vegas this week
- Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018
- Tricky, The Orb and Goldie are all in town for separate shows.
- Diane Bush and James Stanford deliver stunning, holiday gift-worthy compilations of their art
- Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018
- Shimmering Zen presents Stanford’s mandalas at the size of record sleeves, big enough to allow you to stare deeply into the details or for them to wash over you in a kaleidoscopic swirl
- The best way to experience ‘The Moth’ storytelling series is live onstage
- Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018
- Scheduled to appear are teacher/author Ruby Cooper; “disease detective” Vikram Krishnasamy; journalist/artist Dr. Chenjerai Kumanyika; and professional skeptic Teller.
- Does Las Vegas really need to bring its visual charms down to selfie-stick level?
- Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018
- We already have some of the world’s best Instagram backdrops. Adding more is like putting the proverbial hat on a hat.
- Five Thoughts: Simple Minds at the Pearl (October 21)
- Thursday, Oct. 25, 2018
- Anyone expecting a low-key, nostalgia-heavy set was doubtlessly surprised by how much of themselves the band put forward.
- Pick 5: Movie theaters that are perfect for autumn date nights
- Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018
- For a city that’s appeared in so many movies, Las Vegas doesn’t have a great moviegoing legacy. What we do have, however, is something people in other cities would kill for—an abundance of clean, state-of-the-art theaters with crystal-clear digital sound and picture, most of which rarely sell out completely even on opening night ...
- Guitarist Charlie Burchill sizes up our Simple Minds playlist—which doesn’t include the band’s biggest hit
- Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018
- The Scottish band—which plays the Pearl on October 21—has a discography that ranges from the experimental to the expansive.
Experts in paleoanthropology believe that Geoff Carter began his career in journalism sometime in the early Grunge period, when he joined the staff of Scope Magazine, the monthly alternative magazine that evolved into Las Vegas Weekly. Since then, it’s been nothing but hot rocks, big hits and fazed cookies: working staff gigs at the Las Vegas Sun, the Seattle Times and Vegas Seven; getting his freelance kicks at MSN, Time Out and Entrepreneur. He enjoys traveling, photography, Disneyland, fancy drinks and talking to you. His return to the Weekly staff was prophesied.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2018, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074