- Review: Brandon Flowers surprises engaging New Order at the Chelsea
- Thursday, March 24, 2016
- New Order, the iconic synth-pop band from Manchester, England, didn’t shock anyone to the core at its Monday night concert at the Chelsea in the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, but it did deliver a solid set of new and old music.
- Review: ‘Disney on Ice’s Frozen’ melts even the coldest of hearts
- Saturday, Jan. 9, 2016
- The floor of the arena was transformed into a majestic winter wonderland. Though the sets depicting the kingdom of Arendelle and the isolated North Mountain were somewhat sparse, the production made up for it with creative lighting, effects and more.
- Review + photos: At Orleans Arena, it’s Alvin, Simon … Theodore!
- Monday, Dec. 7, 2015
- Early selections in the show included Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Good Time” and “I Love Rock ’n’ Roll” popularized by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts. (Sample Chipmunk lyric: “I love rock ’n’ roll, so feed me another acorn, baby!”)
- Review + photos: Dead & Company a tale of two shows in one night at MGM Grand
- Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015
- Three of The Grateful Dead’s four surviving members — Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann and Bob Weir — are touring this fall with Grammy-winning singer-songwriter and guitarist John Mayer, bassist Oteil Burbridge and keyboardist Jeff Chimenti as Dead & Company.
- Photos: Anna and Elsa who? Hello Kitty’s Supercute Friendship Festival is purr-fect
- Monday, Aug. 17, 2015
- Sure, sisters Anna and Elsa of “Frozen” fame had been inching Hello Kitty out of my 6-year-old daughter’s wardrobe and toy chest. But for a magical couple of hours Friday, Hello Kitty was front-and-center in her heart.
- Review + photos: Steven Tyler shines with Aerosmith at MGM Grand
- Sunday, Aug. 2, 2015
- Crouched over a mic stand dressed in a top hat, floor-length sequin wrap, silver-studded black pants and fuchsia ruffled shirt, the center of attention was Steven Tyler, the flamboyant frontman of Aerosmith.
- Photos: At right, left and center, Neil Diamond engages all at Mandalay Bay
- Thursday, May 21, 2015
- Neil Diamond, sporting a gray mustache and beard, entertained a spellbound, near-capacity audience for just shy of two hours at Mandalay Bay Events Center on Sunday night.
- Here’s the dirty lowdown on Boz Scaggs at the Smith Center
- Monday, May 18, 2015
- Boz Scaggs is touring in support of his latest album, “A Fool to Care.” He played to a comfortably crowded Smith Center audience, nine stops into a U.S. tour that continues into August.
- Review + photos: NKOTB, TLC and Nelly kick off ‘Main Event’ at Mandalay Bay
- Thursday, May 7, 2015
- This was no “Fight of the Century,” as the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao fight taking place the next night a few blocks north on Las Vegas Boulevard was billed, but NKOTB delivered some two hours of knockout entertainment to their adoring fans.
- Review: Jokester Jason Mraz and refreshing Raining Jane at the Chelsea
- Monday, March 16, 2015
- Jason Mraz, who has cracked Billboard’s Top 10 with his albums “Mr. A-Z,” “We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.” and “Love Is a Four-Letter Word,” is amid a tour promoting his latest release, “Yes!,” which he co-wrote with the members of Raining Jane.
Copy Desk Chief
Email » | 702-259-4186
John, who supervises the reporters covering community news, education and crime, grew up in a family of eight and now is married with two children. A graduate of the University of Kansas, Taylor has spent more than 25 years in journalism. He half-way followed a path blazed by his grandfather, who in the early 1900s ran both a Polish-American newspaper and a tavern.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2017, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074