- Role model at age 102: Great-grandmother still going strong
- Sunday, July 1, 2012
- The red, white and blue balloons tethered to the backs of chairs and table legs made the lounge on the first floor of Stewart Pines Senior Apartments look decked out for an Independence Day party.
- Chief credits strong police presence for Boulder City's calm during Mongol gathering
- Monday, June 25, 2012
- Boulder City braced for a combination of motorcycle rumblings and police sirens this weekend as the Mongols Motorcycle Club gathered in town for its national meeting. But for the most part, the city was quiet.
- Mongols' spokesman nabbed for jaywalking in Boulder City
- Friday, June 22, 2012
- With more than 100 police officers patrolling the streets of Boulder City in anticipation of the Mongols Motorcycle Club’s gathering this weekend, chances were great for some sort of incident.
- Meet Rosie, the germ-zapping housekeeper at MountainView Hospital
- Thursday, June 21, 2012
- The campaign to eliminate lethal, hospital-acquired infections is moving from buckets of bleach to a 4-foot-tall robot with a telescoping, disk-shaped head that emits bursts of ultra-violet light. The device can be moved from one hospital room to another, where for five minutes or more it flashes 90 bursts of UV light per minute, destroying bacteria and viruses. Its primary target: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) or Clostridium difficile (C. diff).
- Many Boulder City residents antsy but eager to host big Mongols weekend
- Wednesday, June 20, 2012
- Members of the Mongols Motorcycle Club lined the back wall of city hall in Boulder City on Tuesday evening, arms folded and sunglasses donned. They listened to Police Chief Thomas Finn address dozens of concerned citizens. It wasn’t surprising that some bikers were in attendance; the meeting, after all, was about them.
- Fitness experts: Mayweather won't wither away
- Friday, June 15, 2012
- Now that Floyd Mayweather is stuck in an isolated cell at the county detention center 23 hours a day, will his finely honed body wither away? Is he doomed to a flabby future?
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2017, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074