- Battle-born Henderson now 'A Place to Call Home'
- Thursday, May 15, 2008
The city of Henderson was born during War World II to produce adequate amounts of magnesium for military supplies, such as airplane parts. The Basic Magnesium Plant was built in 1943 in Southern Nevada, creating Henderson. The city was comprised of workers and engineers from the plant as well as their families.
- County says no smoking weed in tour buses, limos
- Reno gaming exec faces challenges with SLS on the Strip, lobbyists say
- Minneapolis police chief resigns in wake of officer shooting
- Magazine’s comparison to Cam Newton sets bar high for UNLV’s Armani Rogers
- Two rookies top WSOP Main Event final table headed into final session