- Las Vegas City Council OKs recycling rate increase
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2019
- Due to changes to recycling policies overseas, recycling rates for Las Vegas residents will increase by 74 cents per month starting Dec. 1. The Las Vegas City Council ...
- Las Vegas considers a ban on smoking at public parks
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2019
- A proposed ordinance would ban smoking in all city of Las Vegas parks, following in the footsteps of more than 900 municipalities across the country, according to the Respiratory Health Association. The goal of the ordinance is to improve ...
- Students at forum tackle climate change, gun control and school funding
- Sunday, Nov. 17, 2019
- About 1,000 Las Vegas-area high school students participated last week in the 63rd annual Las Vegas Sun Youth Forum, an opportunity for juniors and seniors from ...
- Clark County changes public lands bill language to avoid link to water pipeline
- Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019
- Responding to concerns raised by groups opposing the proposed Las Vegas water pipeline, Clark County has modified language in its draft public lands bill to clarify that the bill does not advance the water pipeline. The Clark County Commission announced ...
- Nevada opens first electric vehicle charging station on I-15
- Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019
- Those driving electric vehicles between Southern California and Las Vegas no longer need to pass the California state line to charge up. A new electric vehicle charging ...
- Clark County school board to vote on $100K settlement for alleged rape victim
- Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2019
- The Clark County School District Board of Trustees will vote Thursday on a $100,000 settlement for one of three lawsuits pertaining to the victims of Maysen Melton ...
- Caridad, downtown partners launch community garden for formerly homeless veterans
- Monday, Nov. 11, 2019
- A new garden therapy, training and employment program for homeless veterans in Las Vegas aims to help them reintegrate into the workforce while providing downtown businesses with freshly grown produce. Caridad Gardens, an indoor urban gardening program ...
- District Court to hear Las Vegas pipeline appeals this week
- Monday, Nov. 11, 2019
- A 30-year-old proposal from the Southern Nevada Water Authority to pump groundwater from rural Eastern Nevada to Las Vegas is returning to the courts this week. Devised in ...
- Las Vegas council OKs $4 million sale of Huntridge Theater
- Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019
- The Las Vegas City Council unanimously approved a $4 million sale of the Huntridge Theater on Wednesday, jump-starting a months-long process that ...
- Following tense meeting, Las Vegas council approves homeless ordinance
- Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019
- The goal of the ordinance is to connect the thousands of homeless people who reside in Las Vegas to services in order to get them off the streets ...
Email » | 702-948-7854
Miranda joins the Sun after working for a year and a half at the Medford Transcript, a local newspaper outside Boston. The native New Yorker is a graduate of Tufts University in Boston, where she studied environmental studies and urban planning.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2019, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074