- Quiz: Trump's slurred speech, Santa's earnings, Florida fireball and more
- Friday, Dec. 8, 2017
- It was a week of ongoing fallout from sexual harassment allegations, an incendiary announcement about Israel and the passage of a controversial gun bill. Here’s a quiz on ...
- Quiz: Trump on Puerto Rico, 'Pocahontas,' the GOP tax plan and more
- Friday, Dec. 1, 2017
- It was a week that began with two acting directors showing up to work at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and ended with former national security adviser Michael Flynn's guilty plea to lying to the FBI. Heading into the weekend, here's a quiz about ...
- Why technology, not new roads, could ease congestion
- Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017
- As the Las Vegas Valley grows and traffic becomes more congested, the answer is to use technology to ease it, as opposed to laying down more roads ...
- Trump's jabs at trade deals show lack of understanding, Brookings scholar says
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017
- As an expert on trade agreements and the global economy, Dany Bahar can see the value in the Trump administration’s push to renegotiate trade pacts ...
- In aftermath of Oct. 1 shooting, gun violence still raging in Las Vegas
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017
- Since Oct. 1, there have been at least 28 shootings in Las Vegas, resulting in the deaths of 17 people. What does that say about gun violence here and in the U.S.?
- In a flash, another car is sold
- Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017
- If you’ve ever sold a car, you know it’s no snap. Between detailing the vehicle, letting buyers inspect it from hood to trunk, negotiating the price and transferring the title, there’s a lot to it. So imagine selling more than 300 cars in a single day. ...
- Gun violence: 5 ways Nevadans can work to stop the bloodshed
- Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017
- How can Americans make a difference on gun violence? That question may be particularly relevant to Southern Nevadans in the aftermath of the Oct. 1 shooting on the Strip ...
- Will Trump crack down on legal marijuana? Brookings expert weighs in
- Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017
- When the Brookings Institution’s John Hudak visited Las Vegas in March, he said it was too early to tell whether the Trump administration would try to snuff out the legal marijuana industry. So have things changed since then? That was the Sun’s lead question to ...
- Q+A: Brookings analyst says economic outlook ‘pretty bleak’ under Trump
- Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2017
- "The dynamism of the U.S. economy has always been heavily predicated on attracting the best and brightest from overseas, and the message the administration is sending is ...
- Energy, climate expert says there's reason for optimism — despite Trump
- Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
- The answer to climate change and energy is complicated, Samantha Gross says, and lies somewhere deep between the extremes. One size doesn’t fit all because ...
Editorial Page Editor
Email » | 702-259-2333
As a reporter for 20-plus years, Ric covered beats ranging from police and courts to major-college sports. He came to Greenspun Media Group from Kansas in 2011, first serving as the business editor and then managing editor before taking over editorial and advocacy operations for the Las Vegas Sun and The Sunday. He is a runner and a motorcyclist.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2017, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074