- Analysis: Expert cautions against current plan for UNLV med school
- Monday, Oct. 15, 2018
- A two-phase plan to build out the UNLV Medical School was created as a way to move the school forward, but it could become a major setback that turns off donors and results in ...
- In bid for younger customers, motorcycle makers modify their offerings
- Friday, Oct. 12, 2018
- The motorcycle industry’s sales are sagging as its core customers are aging out and younger generations aren’t replacing them. To reverse the slide, the industry is creating new products and changing ...
- Energy expert: ‘When people can make money fixing a problem ... the problem gets fixed’
- Sunday, Oct. 7, 2018
- When Samantha Gross visited UNLV in 2018, President Donald Trump had just announced that he planned to rescind the Clean Power Plan. Fast-forward a year, and Gross was back in Las Vegas on the day when António Guterres, the United Nations secretary general, told global leaders that the world had less than two years to avoid “runaway climate change.”
- Expert: Nobody’s winning on tariffs
- Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018
- Geoffrey Gertz, a University of Oxford graduate whose policy work has been featured in such publications as The Washington Post and Vox, sat down with the Sun to discuss tariffs, the North American Free Trade Agreement and other issues related to …
- Uncle Sam needs you, young Americans
- Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2018
- Amanda Sloat calls herself a poster child for studying abroad, as a trip to the United Kingdom during college set her on a path to a rewarding career in …
- Q+A: Chancellor discusses UNLV president search, med school's future and more
- Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018
- When will UNLV start looking for a new president? Will Gov. Brian Sandoval be the university's next leader? Those were among the issues Chancellor Thom Reilly discussed ...
- Little-regarded war continues to matter, 170 years after conflict
- Sunday, Aug. 26, 2018
- Imagine if the U.S. invaded a country, conquered it after a savage conflict and gained about half of that nation’s territory in the treaty that …
- Loss of donations over Jessup ordeal looms over UNLV med school future
- Saturday, Aug. 25, 2018
- For all of the new plan’s support, it hasn’t fixed a major part of what’s broken about the medical school — the loss of millions of dollars in gifts from major donors ...
- Meana ready to put her twist on presidency, and UNLV
- Monday, Aug. 6, 2018
- Marta Meana interviewed at a number of universities in the mid-1990s, but none was quite like UNLV. “There was something about the energy and drive that I felt here — this feeling that anything is possible in this town and at this university,” Meana said. “Compared to some of the East Coast universities where the turf is already defined, this place felt ...
- Las Vegas group on a mission to fight poverty, keep kids in school
- Sunday, July 22, 2018
- For many children in Las Vegas, the recession isn’t over. Not even close. Some are homeless, some will have their only meals at school, some are the primary caregivers for …
Editorial Page Editor
Email » | 702-259-2333
As a reporter for 20-plus years, Ric covered beats ranging from police and courts to major-college sports. He came to Greenspun Media Group from Kansas in 2011, first serving as the business editor and then managing editor before taking over editorial and advocacy operations for the Las Vegas Sun and The Sunday. He is a runner and a motorcyclist.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2018, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074