- Brookings expert discusses Yucca Mountain, border wall funding and more
- Saturday, March 16, 2019
- The Brookings Institution’s John Hudak has been a frequent visitor to Las Vegas in recent years, teaching classes at UNLV and giving community presentations both on campus and in special events such as the Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce’s annual Preview expo.
- Q+A: Sisolak discusses plan to boost education, fight back on plutonium shipments and help immigrants
- Thursday, Feb. 28, 2019
- Reducing class sizes in public schools, giving teachers a raise and expanding career and technical education opportunities for Nevada students are key goals for Gov. Steve Sisolak ...
- Q+A: Will AG Ford take more action against Trump? 'Short answer is yes'
- Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019
- Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford says he has a simple test to determine whether the state should either instigate or join legal action against the Trump administration ...
- State Democrats' 'to-do' list will spur big changes. But how big?
- Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019
- In past sessions of the Nevada Legislature, the Democrats’ “Nevada Blueprint” could have been described as a wish list. Not this year. With Democrats in control of the governor’s office and both chambers of the Legislature, the blueprint — a collection of the party’s goals and ...
- Teacher, student emotional well-being should be at heart of school security talks
- Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019
- Andre M. Perry has examined school safety not only as a Brookings Institution researcher but as a professor, dean, journalist, activist and …
- Analysis: Regents’ vote on UNLV president search raises concern of chilling effect
- Friday, Feb. 15, 2019
- The Nevada Board of Regents today launched a national search for the next UNLV president and gave acting president Marta Meana special permission to be a candidate. But in opening the door to Meana, did the regents just undercut ...
- Brookings expert: Light rail would be an antidote to sprawl, LA-like commutes
- Friday, Feb. 8, 2019
- For Southern Nevada residents who may be on the fence about whether to support development of light rail, the Brookings Institution’s Adie Tomer offered some compelling food for thought during a visit to UNLV …
- Mayor: NLV thriving, 2 new wings on way to Nellis
- Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2019
- North Las Vegas Mayor John Lee’s annual State of the City address on Tuesday included many of the usual elements of such a speech — a rundown of private and public ...
- Another bubble? Experts assess housing market and more
- Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019
- Business people from across the Las Vegas valley gathered at UNLV today to see a snapshot of the Southern Nevada economy and hear experts offer outlooks on the region’s future. The Las Vegas ...
- Analysis: What got the biggest cheer at Sisolak’s inauguration?
- Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019
- On a cold day here in Nevada’s capital, Steve Sisolak gave a speech heavy on warm thoughts as he was sworn in as the state’s first Democratic governor in 20 years. In what amounted to a touchdown celebration for Nevada Democrats after winning control of ...
Editorial Page Editor
Email » | 702-259-2333
As a reporter for 20-plus years, Ric covered beats ranging from police and courts to major-college sports. He came to Greenspun Media Group from Kansas in 2011, first serving as the business editor and then managing editor before taking over editorial and advocacy operations for the Las Vegas Sun and The Sunday. He is a runner and a motorcyclist.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2019, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074