- 5 things to know about Mecum's second Las Vegas car auction
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018
- Local residents who’d like to get beyond their TV screen and into the immersive experience can do so this week when Mecum holds its second car sale in Las Vegas ...
- Cruisin’ for cars: Auto enthusiasts abound across the Las Vegas Valley
- Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018
- Spend enough time on the streets today, and you’ll see some of the most impressive cars prowling in any city.
- Energized Latino, young voters bode well for Democrats long-term
- Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018
- The picture of three generations of a family of Latino voters gathering at the mall site was a small snapshot of the national election, but it could be a glimpse of the shape of things to come ...
- Organizers in Las Vegas hope success mobilizing young voters will carry over to Election Day
- Monday, Nov. 5, 2018
- Since the start of the year, NextGen staff members and volunteers have been working on campuses to encourage students in Nevada to vote. In addition, the organization has reached more than 300,000 voters through …
- Analysis: Expert cautions against current plan for UNLV med school
- Monday, Oct. 15, 2018
- A two-phase plan to build out the UNLV Medical School was created as a way to move the school forward, but it could become a major setback that turns off donors and results in ...
- In bid for younger customers, motorcycle makers modify their offerings
- Friday, Oct. 12, 2018
- The motorcycle industry’s sales are sagging as its core customers are aging out and younger generations aren’t replacing them. To reverse the slide, the industry is creating new products and changing ...
- Energy expert: ‘When people can make money fixing a problem ... the problem gets fixed’
- Sunday, Oct. 7, 2018
- When Samantha Gross visited UNLV in 2018, President Donald Trump had just announced that he planned to rescind the Clean Power Plan. Fast-forward a year, and Gross was back in Las Vegas on the day when António Guterres, the United Nations secretary general, told global leaders that the world had less than two years to avoid “runaway climate change.”
- Expert: Nobody’s winning on tariffs
- Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018
- Geoffrey Gertz, a University of Oxford graduate whose policy work has been featured in such publications as The Washington Post and Vox, sat down with the Sun to discuss tariffs, the North American Free Trade Agreement and other issues related to …
- Uncle Sam needs you, young Americans
- Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2018
- Amanda Sloat calls herself a poster child for studying abroad, as a trip to the United Kingdom during college set her on a path to a rewarding career in …
- Q+A: Chancellor discusses UNLV president search, med school's future and more
- Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018
- When will UNLV start looking for a new president? Will Gov. Brian Sandoval be the university's next leader? Those were among the issues Chancellor Thom Reilly discussed ...
Editorial Page Editor
Email » | 702-259-2333
As a reporter for 20-plus years, Ric covered beats ranging from police and courts to major-college sports. He came to Greenspun Media Group from Kansas in 2011, first serving as the business editor and then managing editor before taking over editorial and advocacy operations for the Las Vegas Sun and The Sunday. He is a runner and a motorcyclist.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2018, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074