- Have a comment about light rail? Driverless cars? RTC would like to hear it
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- The Regional Transportation Commission is asking local residents for their input in developing a long-term plan to improve mass transit in Southern Nevada. Kicking off what ...
- Las Vegas immigration activist: 'We're going to keep pushing forward'
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017
- As President Donald Trump weighs the fate of DACA, Las Vegas immigration activist Erika Castro is among hundreds of thousands of Dreamers who face an uncertain future. But she's not backing down in protecting immigrant families. "We're not going to lie here and take it, we need to ..."
- Analysis: So, is Las Vegas a sanctuary city or not?
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ appearance in Las Vegas this morning yielded no clarity on whether the federal government would continue to classify Las Vegas as a ...
- County pursues new strategies for squatter problem
- Monday, June 26, 2017
- Chris Giunchigliani’s history with squatters goes back five years, when she confronted one who was illegally occupying a home near a friend of hers in the ...
- Teachers union leader discusses ESAs, improving at-risk schools and more
- Wednesday, June 14, 2017
- Ruben Murillo, president of the Nevada State Education Association, described the 2017 Nevada legislative session as a triumph for the state's public schools. Days after the session ended ...
- Analysts: U.S. economy will post 'slow, steady' growth
- Tuesday, June 13, 2017
- The U.S. economy will continue to post steady growth well into 2018, said two analysts this morning in Las Vegas. But how robustly the economy grows will hinge partly on a major wild card: Whether ...
- Gearhead heaven: Las Vegas motorcycle auction offers 600-plus bikes
- Friday, June 2, 2017
- Motorcycle enthusiasts can have their pick of more than 600 bikes from as far back as the early 1900s beginning today at the Mecum Las Vegas Motorcycle Auction. Among the rare machines that will go on the block are dirt bikes owned by the late actor Steve McQueen, a sidecar-equipped 1937 Harley Davidson and ...
- Horsepower never goes out of style: Auction is a love letter to old-school motorcycles
- Sunday, May 28, 2017
- More than 300 bikes will be on the block, including some of the fastest machines of their time and putt-putters that ran on lawn mower engines.
- Frustration and fear: What it's like to live near a Las Vegas squatter house
- Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Squatter homes speckle the Las Vegas Valley like a rash, but few stick out as badly as this one. It’s a white rancher in an older neighborhood, surrounded by properties with such features as water gardens, yard sculptures, mature shade trees and lush expanses of grass. The ranch home's grass, by contrast, has been scalped and scorched to a dark khaki color and ...
- Is Las Vegas building a new bubble? Analyst gives his take
- Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- Don’t worry, Las Vegas isn’t racing toward another economic cliff. So said analyst Jeremy Aguero this morning to business, community and government leaders at ...
Editorial Page Editor
Email » | 702-259-2333
Ric covered beats ranging from police and courts to major-college sports before becoming a news columnist, opinion editor and now a news editor. Anderson spent 25 years with The Lawrence (Kan.) Journal-World and The Topeka (Kan.) Capital-Journal. He is a runner and a motorcyclist.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2017, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074