- UNLV medical students: ‘If we lose, nobody in the state wins’
- Friday, April 20, 2018
- Five UNLV medical students discuss what’s happening at the school, how it’s affecting them and how they feel about the situation that led to President Len Jessup ...
- Q&A: Expert describes why Congress is ‘broken’
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018
- As shown by dismal approval ratings — an anemic 15 percent in the most recent Gallup poll — Americans have a low opinion of Congress. That disdain is justified, says Molly Reynolds. Reynolds, a Brookings Institution expert on ...
- Nevada State College president: ‘We’re not just changing lives, we’re changing family trees’
- Saturday, April 14, 2018
- Fifteen years ago this spring, Nevada State College consisted of three classrooms, a library and 177-member student body in a converted …
- Building a better education in the post-recession world
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018
- While job prospects have improved for many Americans since the recession, Martha Ross says the recovery hasn’t been so kind to those who …
- It's official: Jessup resigning as president at UNLV, taking job in California
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018
- Citing what he described as “unfounded and unjustified” attacks by members of the Nevada Board of Regents and Nevada System of Higher Education Chancellor Thom Reilly, UNLV President Len Jessup announced today that he was reluctantly ...
- UNLV’s Jessup said to be leaving for prestigious California college
- Thursday, March 29, 2018
- UNLV President Len Jessup is rumored to have accepted a job at Claremont Graduate University in California, and sources told the Sun an announcement may be coming in the next 24 hours that he’s leaving Las Vegas. It’s unclear what position Jessup has taken, but the rumors came less than two weeks after he announced to to the campus community that he had begun looking for opportunities elsewhere. Jessup made that announcement amid ...
- Amodei, the teen and the F-word: Answers to 5 burning questions
- Thursday, March 29, 2018
- In the days it was first reported that U.S. Rep. Mark Amodei's office reported a Reno high school student who used coarse language in a phone call, more details have become clear ...
- Analysis: Advocates look to 2018 midterms to restore, protect ACA
- Monday, March 26, 2018
- With a voice that was nearly taken from him by a rare form of cancer in his larynx, Joe Merlino makes a powerful argument in favor of the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid expansion ...
- Analysis: Chancellor’s announcement appears to ease pressure on UNLV's Jessup
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- Days after it was revealed that a faction within the Board of Regents was pressuring UNLV President Len Jessup to leave the university, the third-year president appeared to ...
- Analysis: UNLV could hemmorhage funds, talent if Jessup left
- Monday, March 19, 2018
- UNLV’s medical school could suffer major losses in funding and talent if UNLV President Len Jessup leaves Las Vegas, the dean of the medical school said ...
Editorial Page Editor
Email » | 702-259-2333
As a reporter for 20-plus years, Ric covered beats ranging from police and courts to major-college sports. He came to Greenspun Media Group from Kansas in 2011, first serving as the business editor and then managing editor before taking over editorial and advocacy operations for the Las Vegas Sun and The Sunday. He is a runner and a motorcyclist.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2018, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074