- Fremont Street: A block with experience
- How a dusty main street transformed into a neon-lit gambling mecca
- Thursday, May 15, 2008
- The canopy of lights that hangs over Fremont Street has a bit of a hypnotic, and fully intentional, effect on the people below. Walking through a crowd of hundreds who stand perfectly still, eyes cast upward on the synchronized 12.5 million LED lights and ears tuned to the 550,000-watt sound system is one of the city's most whimsical experiences.
- UNLV math prof to run for State Assembly seat
- Friday, May 2, 2008
- A UNLV mathematics professor, Paul Aizley, has announced he will run as a Democrat for the Nevada's open State Assembly District 41 seat.
- Harry Reid's autobiography on sale Thursday
- Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Nevada Senator Harry Reid's autobiography, "The Good Fight", is due on bookshelves Thursday. In it he recounts his childhood in Searchlight and eventual rise in politics to Senate Majority Leader, and everything in between.
- Save some bills at Bill's
- Wednesday, April 16, 2008
- If you're looking for a bit of a throwback to old Las Vegas, complete with vintage prices and table limits, then Bill's Gamblin' Hall is an excellent option.
- Ex-boyfriend charged in death of mother of four
- Wednesday, April 9, 2008
- Metro Police today said they have found the body of Edith Calderon, who had been missing since Saturday. The woman's ex-boyfriend, 28-year-old Gonzalo Tejada-Rivas, has been arrested and charged with murder and kidnapping.
- Casino Royale: Great deal on central Strip
- Monday, March 31, 2008
- Wedged between Harrah's and the Venetian, the Casino Royale shines as a beacon of thrift on a crowded, overpriced tract of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Show times for '21'
- Thursday, March 27, 2008
Based on factual events, "21" is the story of six MIT students who won millions Las Vegas casinos after becoming experts in card counting.
The movie, opening March 28, will be showing at 15 movie theaters across the Las Vegas Valley.
- Q+A: WSOP.com marks four years of online poker amid waning interest in game
- At intense offseason training retreat, Rebels test their leadership, unity
- UNLV technology park expects to construct third building soon
- California businessman a suspect in 3 slayings in L.A. and Las Vegas, police say
- L.V. goes to D.C.: Why 100 local leaders are headed to Washington